Botox procedure is one of the safest available for the reduction or softening of wrinkles. Botox is used to treat frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead, and lines around the eyes.
Botox can also be used to treat lines around the mouth and those on the neck. A few tiny injections are administered to the skin which calm the muscles and allows for a smoother, more relaxed appearance. The effect may take three to five days to appear.
The overall advantages of treating wrinkles with Botox
- Reduces or eliminates wrinkles without surgery.
- Corrects underlying muscles (as opposed to the skin’s surface as peels do)
- Provides dramatic effects which are customizable and reversible.
- No sedation or anaesthesia is needed; however, you may choose to have the area numbed with an anaesthetic cream or a cold pack prior to injecting.
- Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Most patients compare the sensation to a pin prick and treatment takes only a few minutes.
How Botox Works
First, a few drops of Botox are injected (with a tiny needle) into the muscle that creates the wrinkle. When Botox is injected into a muscle, it freezes the nerve impulse from reaching that area, and as a result, the muscle weakens. As the muscle weakens, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes and the wrinkles in the skin gradually soften and often disappear. If a specific muscle can’t move, it can’t cause a wrinkle. Botox treatment does not affect normal facial expressions.
Here at Aesthetic Dental Zone, Our Anti-wrinkle treatments are carried out by Dr A R Nadjafi. He has extensive experience in facial rejuvenation treatments, having successfully completed well over 1,000 anti-wrinkle treatments. Dr Nadjafi has developed his facial rejuvenation techniques which are painless and give a natural looking result. For his anti-wrinkle treatments, he uses Azzalure.
To book your consultation with one of our highly experienced dental surgeons please call 020 8299 1434 and a member of our friendly receptionists will be happy to help you.
Alternatively you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org